I do like this new composition better. I think the new positions of the ice spikes frame the figure better.
I also like that, value-wise, it's very clear where I'm supposed to look. In your other image, the character was almost the same color and almost the same value as his surroundings. Plus, he was a similar shape as the ice spikes. The only reason I saw him first was because he was in the middle.
I think you could even go further on the spikes in the back. You could make them diagonal rather than straight up and down, in order to better frame the character and direct our eye.
I do like this new composition better. I think the new positions of the ice spikes frame the figure better.
ReplyDeleteI also like that, value-wise, it's very clear where I'm supposed to look. In your other image, the character was almost the same color and almost the same value as his surroundings. Plus, he was a similar shape as the ice spikes. The only reason I saw him first was because he was in the middle.
I think you could even go further on the spikes in the back. You could make them diagonal rather than straight up and down, in order to better frame the character and direct our eye.
ReplyDelete