Monday, August 20, 2012
Comp idea -Sidney
So the idea here was to have Beathoven crossing the Sound-wave Wasteland. At this point in his journey (to save his city and world) Beat is feeling alone and tired. I tried to draw motifs from sound-waves and put them in the snow and ice. Let me know if that reads and other cool motif ideas I could throw in here.
The comp feels really empty in places and my eye gets caught there. Also the perspective feels off on the shadow or something (maybe everything). How can I fix this?
Any ideas on comp, colors, design, etc? Also, if anyone knows how to paint ice or snow PLEASE let me know as it will be crucial to my piece.
Thanks! And critique away!
Sidney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In my opinion Sidney, an idea like this would make a better comic than illustration. Glad to see you using the rule of thirds, you're taking advantage of the use of empty spaces, but I wonder if you could expand the empty spaces a bit. I do like how my eyes automatically go to Beethoven.
ReplyDeleteThanks James. I definitely wouldn't have time to do a comic, but thanks for your interest in my story. :) I'll experiment more with empty spaces for sure.
ReplyDelete