Sunday, September 30, 2012

Yeti Emporer Layout Rough

 
Here is my rough composition. Please critique everything. The village on the peak is supposed to be burning. Thanks!
 
Paige

5 comments:

  1. My main critique is that the format is 6x9 6 wide and 9 tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was thinking of doing a sideways page or 2 pages together. What do you guys think of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could do a 2 page spread. The composition will work for it, but you will want to polish the painting because at 9x12 you will be able to see the details really well. Your layout looks great, just get to painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the composition. Nice layout. My own preference would to turn the guy in the foreground around... so he is facing us, so we see the expression on his face.
    How does he feel about the village on the mountain burning? Whats on his mind? He could be looking back. But seeing his emotional state is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great guys! I want the emporer to feel like he is approaching the village to aid them, so I am a bit hesitant to turn him completely around. I agree, his face is really hard to see and read, I will rotate him more towards the camera.

    ReplyDelete