I liked what some of you said about this piece in its earlier phase. I have taken some of that into account and after a paint over by Sam Nelson I bring you the next version!
I'm thinking that if the kitten's fur was a little more saturated and closer to the hue of the orange title might give a little more color repetition to balance the amount of purple.
The signature near his other hand is linked in hue and saturation to the kitten - making me think it is something that he is holding and threatening the kitten with. maybe move it a little away from his hand. Also, think about some shadows or reflecting purple bounce light on the kitten so that he doesn't look like he is floating so much and is more incorporated into the picture.
I'd throw some more variations of green, subtly even, in the background especially. Make that nice triad color scheme of orange, purple and green pop. These are all just tiny tweaks, since the core piece is still rad.
And I don't know about the reddish box border having that texture to it. With everything else being detailed and textured, it'd be nice to have something just solid by comparison to frame it in.
I'm thinking that if the kitten's fur was a little more saturated and closer to the hue of the orange title might give a little more color repetition to balance the amount of purple.
ReplyDeleteThe signature near his other hand is linked in hue and saturation to the kitten - making me think it is something that he is holding and threatening the kitten with. maybe move it a little away from his hand. Also, think about some shadows or reflecting purple bounce light on the kitten so that he doesn't look like he is floating so much and is more incorporated into the picture.
ReplyDeleteI'd throw some more variations of green, subtly even, in the background especially. Make that nice triad color scheme of orange, purple and green pop. These are all just tiny tweaks, since the core piece is still rad.
ReplyDeleteAnd I don't know about the reddish box border having that texture to it. With everything else being detailed and textured, it'd be nice to have something just solid by comparison to frame it in.
ReplyDelete