Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paige- Yeti Emperor

Here is a rough design for the Yeti Emperor.  When I start work on the final image/ composition, I will add intricate patterning on his robes. I will probably play around a bit more with clothing as well.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun! Really original story idea!
    I would suggest pushing around body proportions a bit. Think large, medium, small. I feel like if he's a yeti, he might have a thicker neck, or a taller cranium, or a wider jaw. Or maybe since he's a yeti we should see his longer arms past his sleeves with large hairy hands and huge feet protruding from his robes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Morgan. You've got a great idea going, but now let's focus on the execution of this idea. I recommend looking at Ben Caldwell's character design book. Concentrate on draftsmanship and on creating appeal in your design. This idea however, seems more like a comic than an illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I would love to do a comic, but unfortunately, I don't have the time. As for his character, he is a human but influenced by yeti shapes, so I will take Morgan's proportion advice. I will take a peek at Ben Caldwell. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete